The performances take place during two screenings of the film this month, on the following dates:
- Dundee Contemporary Arts on Thursday, 18th October
- Eden Court Cinema on Friday 26 October
Alex Smoke, who is also a talented cellist when he is not making electronic music or spinning records, will be handling the electronic portion of the score, alongside the string quintet.
The score was commissioned by Glasgow Film Festival in 2011, for strings and electronics. "The project was conceived as a chance to write a full score for a film which I love, and which covers a subject I find fascinating, namely the story of Faust", says Alex Smoke in a post on the Scottish Ensemble blog.
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Steve Mac & Mark Brown release new EP
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
- Russian artist Bobina to release the third artist album
October 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM CEST