'The Fly' is a driving, techy little number, with noodly nuances that creep in your system... perfect for those sweaty, dark dancefloors. Coupled with haunting, rolling bass, this is techno at its best! Simply made for the main room floor, its full potency and capability was shown when Steve Lawler dropped it at the Space Closing this year to devastating effect.
Mark & Steve have called in some remix heavyweights for the momentous release resulting in some amazing remixes to suit all pallets. Hot, young producer de jour Tim Green provides a superbly dark and broody mix, whilst Andy Chatterly of Skylark/Buick Project fame, serves up a clean, techy take on this buzzing track. Andy is currently flying high with 'Access the Future' which is also out on Cr2 Records. DJ Wady & Patrick M, flex their mighty production skills with their 'Mosca Remix', with their chunky, chuggy, tribalesque take.
In its first year, Cr2 powered its way to the top of the hugely competitive house music market by releasing consistently high quality, accessible house music. With releases from Eric Prydz & Steve Angello, 100% & Danny Howells all going into the UK top 40 singles chart, its easy to see why Cr2 has forged a reputation as being one of the best independent house labels in the world, and one of the only labels with the ability to challenge the majors!
2008 has been a sterling year for label boss Mark Brown – gathering some serious momentum dj'ing around the Globe and enjoying some chart success, developing his own unique sound since going solo from the M.Y.N.C Project. Mark says...
"I feel very proud to have reached the 100th release. This has been achieved by having such great artists and staff who work for the Cr2 brand, it's not about one individual, it's a complete team effort. It's an honour for me to work again with a lifelong friend and such a great producer who has been responsible over the years in providing the world with house music anthems. 'The Fly' is an underground bomb we are very proud of. Here's to another 100 release's on CR2."
- Scottish Ensemble to perform Alex Smoke's Faust score
- Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra in the UK this October
- Pandora's Box new live score
- Upload Festival in London, this month
- Die Frau im Mond film screening with live soundtrack by...
- Exquisite Corps - Sacramento based fresh new music
- Mutek 2013 - call for submissions
- Sonar Festival to commence eight city debut tour of North...
- Kontraste festival 2012 in Krems, Austria
- Benny Benassi releases the next Toolroom Knights compilation
- Most known czech DJane Lucca will release her debut album
- Feature: RPR Sound, A successful story
- Event Report: Border Community at The End, London
- Phone talk with Simian Mobile Disco
- Russian artist Bobina to release the third artist album
January 19, 2009 at 4:43 AM CET