French, Cedric Cervais was a resident DJ in famous places from Miami, like Nikki Beach, Crobar and recently Space. As a producer he has worked with Dirty Vegas, Second Sun and has remixed the work of artists like Duran Duran, Lenny Krevitz, The Shapeshifters, Sander Kleinenberg, John Creamer and others.
His mix has 13 tracks, a part being unreleased like Darius & DJ Da feat. Tina with the track Good Vibration, which opens the compilation, or DJ Remy & Roland Kilkenberg with the track The Detroit Track. The mix is fast and very clear and it combines different electronic music styles. It becomes interesting once we hear some familiar voices, voices that have haunted us during the night in clubs. It wired that we now hear them in a more elegant way. We can also find some of Cedric's remixes and also two electro and progressive productions signed by Eddie Amador. The CD ends with the track The Detroit Track mentioned above, leaving the end for Chab's The Dub Session, in remixed version by Smith and Selway.
A fresh mix; this is what there can be said about Yoshitoshi Miami compilation. If we take a deeper look, Deep Dish's label has managed once again to retain its customers who wish to listen to music produced by Yoshi, a brand that doesn't need an introduction.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
- Christian Smith - Finca Dofi
June 9, 2007 at 7:17 PM CEST